Music Making

Want advice about your (musical) equipment or feedback on your latest song?. Note. ads posted in the discussion forums will be deleted - if you're looking for a musician please use the classifieds.

Note. You must be logged in to reply to and post ads/discussion topics on Join My Band. Click here to log in, or if you're not already a member, click here to register a free account.

Multi track recording for bands

Just wanted to share a thumbs up for Zoom R16 digital recorder !!! First, not a big fan of Zoom but I purchased a Zoom R16 digital recorder for around £300. ...

Topic author: KeyTarMan · 547 views · 6 replies · Last post: Tuesday 20 Dec 2016, 4:18pm by Von-Funkenstein

feedback appreciated

Hi I recorded an album and was basically looking for feedback. i recorded it at home with very basic gear. all things considered i'm really proud of the resul...

Topic author: Neilmb · 842 views · 7 replies · Last post: Saturday 17 Dec 2016, 7:20pm by x51WSH7N

DO YOU NEED A PIECE OF MUSIC TRANSCRIBED?

DO YOU NEED A PIECE OF MUSIC TRANSCRIBED? HAVE YOU WRITTEN A SONG AND NEED TO HAVE THE PARTS SCORED IN ORDER TO GIVE TO BAND MEMBERS? DO YOU NEED A CHOR...

Topic author: kenmserv · 504 views · 0 replies · Last post: Thursday 15 Dec 2016, 10:46pm by kenmserv

We would like critic on these two rock tracks

Hi, too anyone whos interested or in the know, we recently recorded our first EP but we aren't 100% on the final product. I imagine many of you reading this wi...

Topic author: chesterman · 780 views · 5 replies · Last post: Thursday 15 Dec 2016, 2:51pm by THE Electric Cheese

Can anyone suggest a good recording studio in the Midlands?

Hi all, Looking for suggestions/recommendations for a good recording studio in the Midlands (ideally around Birmingham or Worcestershire but could go a bit f...

Topic author: profusia · 643 views · 2 replies · Last post: Tuesday 13 Dec 2016, 2:56pm by bald_fat_bloke

Feedback on this please....thank you

Hi fellow vibrations, Could I please get some feed back on one of my songs. It is just my vocal and guitar waiting for full recording with band. It is on a...

Topic author: islandshore · 987 views · 9 replies · Last post: Monday 12 Dec 2016, 5:38pm by quaid

free mixing and help writing

I've noticed a lot of great songs in this section, some of them could use a bit of mixing to bring them out a bit, some could use elements like bass, keys or le...

Topic author: davemustardface · 563 views · 0 replies · Last post: Monday 12 Dec 2016, 5:28am by davemustardface

Drum kit

Looking to sell or swap my drum kit for a yellow one if anybody knows where I could get one that would be a great help thanks

Topic author: DrummerDelight · 607 views · 3 replies · Last post: Wednesday 7 Dec 2016, 1:19pm by KeyTarMan

How do I copyright my recordings?

It's all well and good sharing your original recordings online without a price on the likes of SoundCloud, but how would you know that someone else hasn't plagi...

Topic author: lo-fi-renegade · 755 views · 2 replies · Last post: Wednesday 7 Dec 2016, 12:17pm by KeyTarMan

Pedals to get for shoegazing???

What ones?!

Topic author: nlfm1992 · 605 views · 3 replies · Last post: Thursday 24 Nov 2016, 12:23pm by KeyTarMan

That funny word "Genre"

Hi, I know this sounds dumb, I know it does, but what happens when the musical ideas you come up with don’t seem to fall into the recognised “genres” ? I’m n...

Topic author: smallstuff · 2166 views · 27 replies · Last post: Wednesday 23 Nov 2016, 7:56am by x51WSH7N

Where's the Jazz happening in Devon/Cornwall

I'm trying to meet jazz musicians in the Devon/Cornwall border area north of Plymouth and finding it to be much harder than, say, the folk/trad scene which is s...

Topic author: Bhalerie · 596 views · 0 replies · Last post: Monday 14 Nov 2016, 8:38pm by Bhalerie

Finding other musicians to play with in your area

Hi fellow vibrations, I have recently recorded some original songs (just my vocals and guitar) and finding it hard to find a fiddle player to form a gigging du...

Topic author: islandshore · 894 views · 10 replies · Last post: Monday 14 Nov 2016, 8:12pm by Bhalerie

Are music makers too unimagnitive these days

I mean like some people only want to play rock , blues c&w jazz and think that any band that has a cetain music as its core influence has to restrict itsel...

Topic author: Tricky Donavan · 1048 views · 19 replies · Last post: Tuesday 8 Nov 2016, 10:46pm by Tricky Donavan

what do you think is the best song written?

Hi everyone I would love to know what you think? Cheers x

Topic author: 50 words for snow · 1561 views · 15 replies · Last post: Tuesday 8 Nov 2016, 8:06pm by weekend hero

Open Mic and Open Mind

Open Mic, Butchers Arms Beccles. Two guitarists that hadn't played together mucked in with a jazzy band. One guitarist was on an acoustic; the other had an elec...

Topic author: x51WSH7N · 521 views · 3 replies · Last post: Sunday 6 Nov 2016, 1:18pm by x51WSH7N

My First studio recordings

https://soundcloud.com/stateofmodernage/winters-approaching-prod-by-penacho-beats https://soundcloud.com/stateofmodernage/sister-prod-by-johnny-mantle

Topic author: Somasu · 540 views · 1 replies · Last post: Saturday 5 Nov 2016, 2:01pm by quaid

[ Poll ] how can i right songs for a metal band?

How can I right my own songs for my band whe i cant even think of words for one? (can someone plz help me ?). Coz once i gett a drummer and another 2 electric g...

Topic author: Cain Ryan Wilkes · 1612 views · 0 replies · Last post: Tuesday 26 Aug 2008, 8:28pm by Cain Ryan Wilkes

Looking for band members?

Advertise on Join My Band for FREE and find musicians in your area!

Place a Free Ad