Music

General music discussion about the latest bands, albums, gigs and more. Note. ads posted in the discussion forums will be deleted - if you're looking for a musician please use the classifieds.

Note. You must be logged in to reply to and post ads/discussion topics on Join My Band. Click here to log in, or if you're not already a member, click here to register a free account.

Cliffs Pavilion 1980-ish

I was in one of many Southend-on-Sea bands that played a Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament benefit gig at Cliffs Pavilion. We didn't believe in CND; we went for ...

Topic author: x51WSH7N · 749 views · 7 replies · Last post: Sunday 16 Apr 2017, 4:40pm by BobQ

Hipster or Hippie

Decades apart facial growth in common. Both seek to rebel against convention the hippy outside of conformity the Hipster inside of it , but which movement has ...

Topic author: Tricky Donavan · 557 views · 2 replies · Last post: Friday 14 Apr 2017, 10:57am by x51WSH7N

Indie Bands

How can I get people for a 1975 styled band? I've put an advert but i don't know if people will be interested. Any ideas how to attract people?

Topic author: witheredrabbit · 710 views · 5 replies · Last post: Thursday 13 Apr 2017, 8:48am by Tricky Donavan

Advice on finding musicians for our wedding..

Hi, I'm a music nut (play violin, piano, guitar and lately a little ukelele, unfortunately all rather badly) and really REALLY want some good live music for our...

Topic author: Roseraven · 627 views · 2 replies · Last post: Wednesday 12 Apr 2017, 2:07am by jjsouthend

Least lifelike tributes?

The Sex Pistols tributes I've seen have a Sid lookalike on bass but you can hear him playing. The man himself was so bad that the band had him turned down to no...

Topic author: Hanap · 606 views · 1 replies · Last post: Wednesday 12 Apr 2017, 1:45am by jjsouthend

Basic Spelling

Hi....... The word is rhythm....spelt: R-H-Y-T-H-M I mean Jeeez, how many years have you guys been playing and you still can’t spell it ?? Some dumbas...

Topic author: velvetmouth · 1374 views · 16 replies · Last post: Monday 10 Apr 2017, 6:33pm by Hanap

Plain Lazy

I think it’s been mentioned before. Guys place an ad, get zero response. so what do they do ? They paste exactly the same ad again and again and again. ...

Topic author: jessa97 · 1695 views · 14 replies · Last post: Sunday 9 Apr 2017, 1:44am by jjsouthend

Joining a band

Having to leave a band as my car was involved in a serious accident last year so now I have trouble getting into another band until I can afford another vehicle...

Topic author: MsLuckyLady2 · 756 views · 5 replies · Last post: Sunday 9 Apr 2017, 1:26am by jjsouthend

Marr or Squire?

Who's the better guitarist? Johnny Marr from The Smiths or John Squire from The Stone Roses?

Topic author: DrDreWalkerrr · 855 views · 6 replies · Last post: Sunday 9 Apr 2017, 1:22am by jjsouthend

Old boy drummer

Hi 👋 everyone , Just after some advice please ladies and gentlemen, just a bit about myself started learning the drums last year at the ripe old age of ...

Topic author: Jonny74 · 1385 views · 13 replies · Last post: Sunday 9 Apr 2017, 12:58am by jjsouthend

Walker's sideburns spoilt Dad's Army!

Sooooo NOT 1940's!!!!!!

Topic author: jjsouthend · 433 views · 0 replies · Last post: Sunday 9 Apr 2017, 12:36am by jjsouthend

Stoner/Sludge/Doom/Drone

I'm starting this topic as I am eager to find other musicians who are interested in playing slow, heavy metal. I wasn't introduced to Doom until about 3 years a...

Topic author: lewisic · 361 views · 0 replies · Last post: Saturday 8 Apr 2017, 2:10pm by lewisic

Ban GRAPHIC DESIGN MERCHANDISE Poster

these guys are clogging up the classified and forcing us to go through pages and pages only to see 1-2 pages worth of real musician ads. If you aren't a musicia...

Topic author: Jagged guitar · 868 views · 10 replies · Last post: Friday 7 Apr 2017, 1:53pm by The Plimpton Plopper

Jamming for fun!

Any female local players like myself wishing to play along with others to jam with to gain more experience. I have recently started playing the electronic drum...

Topic author: freetobeyourself · 1098 views · 4 replies · Last post: Friday 7 Apr 2017, 9:50am by Monkey-Rodeo

New demo

Alright folks my band has just recorded a new demo would be cool if anyone would check it out! Maybe even give some constructive criticism https://soundcloud....

Topic author: Brad1997 · 579 views · 2 replies · Last post: Thursday 30 Mar 2017, 2:45pm by THE Electric Cheese

Cross over thoughts?

I'm looking into forming a band that will make music and do grunge style covers of songs. For the originals I'd like to go for a sort of grunge x britpop vibe. ...

Topic author: OllieSandall · 678 views · 5 replies · Last post: Friday 24 Mar 2017, 5:56pm by PeteQ

Jamming

Any ideas how to find other players to jam with but without an audience. ? I have recently started playing the electronic drums but think I would gain more by ...

Topic author: freetobeyourself · 520 views · 3 replies · Last post: Tuesday 14 Mar 2017, 5:06pm by profusia

singers

were have all the singers gone.?????????

Topic author: thebandmen@yahoo.co.uk · 5638 views · 41 replies · Last post: Sunday 12 Mar 2017, 12:04am by Harvey Robinson

alt metal rock band, check us out guys and gals

Hi all musicians and none musicians just wanted to put a post about my band, its been a long time coming with an ever changing lineup, but we are now set and we...

Topic author: mattyboy89 · 539 views · 1 replies · Last post: Saturday 4 Mar 2017, 5:15pm by x51WSH7N

Is Music today more of a rich mans game ?

I mean when the number of working class or dole class rock bands making it to the top is virtually down to zero and loads of celbrity ofspring have found a nich...

Topic author: Tricky Donavan · 969 views · 10 replies · Last post: Monday 20 Feb 2017, 5:04pm by PeteQ

Pop Cover Crap

What is with cover bands playing half rock and half pop? Just do one or the other! As soon as you start playing pop after a rock song, the place dies and everyo...

Topic author: Harmonise86 · 1025 views · 5 replies · Last post: Friday 3 Feb 2017, 9:24am by fido

There's some proper odd people on here

Here's some hilarious PMs I've received from a fellow called 'theproducer' he's took his original post down but some of you may remember it; as you are such ...

Topic author: Tina Turner · 1122 views · 6 replies · Last post: Tuesday 31 Jan 2017, 7:13pm by Tricky Donavan

Practice rooms Exeter

Does anyone know of a cheap practice room for a three piece in Exeter Steve

Topic author: SteveJohnson · 623 views · 0 replies · Last post: Tuesday 31 Jan 2017, 11:54am by SteveJohnson

Name that track !!

Anyone know what the current “promo” background music to NCIS on Channel 5 USA is please ? It lasts about 15 seconds, (Sounds like RHCP or Nickleback or someone...

Topic author: Inception · 579 views · 5 replies · Last post: Saturday 28 Jan 2017, 12:59pm by Inception

Whats where ?

Whats the best jazz club in the northwest. Noir ?

Topic author: EBEN YBLOD · 485 views · 2 replies · Last post: Friday 27 Jan 2017, 6:00pm by fredinhisredbed

Looking for band members?

Advertise on Join My Band for FREE and find musicians in your area!

Place a Free Ad